The following links may provide useful
information on the Ontario school funding issue, however
Equalfunding.org does not endorse these resources or their authoring
organizations, nor has Equalfunding.org requested or received the
endorsement of any such organization.
Please report inactive links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DR. DALTON J. MCGUINTY ON WHY THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FUND FAITH-BASED AND INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS (1984)
- Hypocrisy On Faith-based School Funding From Education Minister Kathleen Wynne
Libs and religious schools
- A Proposal to Extend Funding to Religious Schools
The Multi-faith Coalition for Equal Funding of Religious Schools - December 2004
- Waldman Decision: Full text of UN Human Rights Committee decision, November 5, 1999
(Note: Contains a comprehensive summary of the Ontario school funding issue.)
- Commentary by Claudia Rebanks Hepburn of the Fraser Institute, 1999 on the school funding controversy
to the Ontario Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, The
Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, June 19, 2001
(Note: This document contains references to funding measures instituted
in 2001 by the former government and cancelled in 2003).
- Full text of Canadian Supreme Court Decision in Adler vs. Ontario,  3 S.C.R. 609
(Note: In this case, the Supreme Court found that the funding of Roman
Catholic separate schools could not give rise to an infringement of the
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms because the province of Ontario
was constitutionally obligated to provide such funding.)
of the Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools, Dec. 18, 2003, announcing
the retroactive repeal of the Equity in Education Tax Credit.
- Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools School Choice Website
- Schoolchoice.ca - website dedicated to promoting parental choice in their children's schools
- Commentary by Virginia Gentles of The Fraser Institute on the cancellation of the Equality in Education Tax Credit.
of submissions to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic
Affairs of the Ontario Legislature, December 9, 2003
(Note: Includes text of submissions of Ontario Alliance of Christian
Schools, Canadian Jewish Congress, Islamic Society of North America,
Ontario Association of Jewish Day Schools and Bnai Brith Canada.)
- News release of the Canadian Jewish Congress on the retroactive repeal of the Equity in Education Tax Credit
- Parents for Educational Choice
- Ontario Day School Fair Funding Initiative